SCHOOLCHILDREN across Wigan are being encouraged to go online to be in with the chance of meeting football star David Beckham.
In April last year Sainsbury’s launched the 1 Million Kids Challenge, which is backed by Sainsbury’s Paralympic Games Ambassador David Beckham, aiming to get children from across the borough to try out Paralympic sports ahead of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
And 16 schools and 5,181 children in the borough are getting involved and could now be in with the chance of meeting the football star.
All they have to do is register the final participation numbers online and they have until April 20 to do so.
A spokesman for the challenge said: “The challenge has already smashed through its target with over 2.3 million kids across the UK signed up to take part – but the real challenge starts now.
“With only a few weeks left to register for the chance to meet the world’s biggest sports star, Sainsbury’s is now calling on all participating schools and clubs to submit their final participation numbers.
One school, club or group will win an exclusive visit from David, whilst a further 10 organisations will win the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be involved in the Paralympic Torch Relay.
David said: “I can’t wait to visit the winning school, club or group and hear all about their experience of Paralympic sport.
“I’m really excited that I will be visiting the winners as it’s a great opportunity to see first-hand how everyone got on.”
For further information or to submit participation numbers for the chance to meet David Beckham visit www.sainsburys.co.uk/1millionkids or you can also call 0844 415 8440