Candle causes blaze

News

News

2
Have your say

THE upstairs of a house was heavily damaged after a candle was left alight in a bathroom.

Firefighters from Wigan station estimated the flames at the terraced property on Mossdale Road in Bryn had been burning for several hours before neighbours called the emergency services just before 1.30pm on Thursday.

The bathroom was gutted and the rest of the upstairs suffered severe smoke damage.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus ensured the fire was out before using a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke-logged house.