Family’s escape from out-house fire

The scene of the fire
The scene of the fire
4
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS are warning about the dangers of smoking material not being disposed of properly after a family had to evacuate their house.

Emergency services were called to Cameron Place in Worsley Hall in the early hours after an out-house next to one of the properties became engulfed in flames.

By the time firefighters arrived four people, including two young children, had self-evacuated as the blaze began to spread.

Fortunately the fire was contained to the out-house but the main property was badly smoke damaged.

It’s believed the cause of the fire was discarded smoking material.

Watch manager James Clitheroe from Wigan fire station said: “It’s so important that before people go to bed they make sure smoking material has been properly discarded of.

“The same applies for candles around the house, particularly with Christmas approaching with them becoming more popular.”