Firefighters urge caution after kitchen fire

editorial image

Firefighters have issued a reminder for people to take care while cooking after a person suffered burns following a kitchen fire in Atherton.

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) crews from Atherton, Hindley and Leigh were called to a house on Coronation Avenue shortly before 6pm yesterday (Tuesday).

On arrival, firefighters found there had been a fire in the kitchen. Crews ventilated the house and administered first aid to a casualty who was suffering from burns.

On its website, GMFRS said: “Most house fires GMFRS staff members are alerted to start in the kitchen so please help us to keep you and your family safe.”

GMFRS directed residents to a page on its website, which has a range of safety tips and advice on kitchen fires.

Visit manchesterfire.gov.uk/fire_safety_advice for more information.