Fuse box causes fire in porch

Fire service
Fire service
0
Have your say

A house was left badly smoke-logged after a fuse box in a porch caught fire.

Crews from Wigan and Hindley fire stations were called to an address on Woodbrook Drive in Pemberton at around midday on Tuesday.

They found the box had set on fire and filled the house with smoke, although fire damage was restricted to the unit itself.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a dry powder extinguisher to put out the flames before drawing out all the smoke using a high-powered fan.

The occupant of the property got out safely before the fire crews arrived and was completely unhurt.

The firefighters waited for Electricity North West to arrive to make the supplies safe once the blaze was out.

The incident lasted around an hour.