Jacket potato causes hospital blaze

0
Have your say

LEFTOVER food in a microwave caused a fire at Wigan Infirmary.

Fire crews from Wigan and Hindley attended the incident which happened at around 6.30pm on Wednesday in the staff room at the radiology department.

The unattended jacket potato caused damage to the microwave and filled the staff room with smoke.

Nobody was injured and firefighters remained at the scene for around 20 minutes.

A spokesman for Wigan fire service said: “It is important that people don’t leave food unattended so accidents like this don’t happen.”