A WOMAN was lucky to escape without serious injury after an electrical fault triggered a blaze which destroyed a bedroom.
Firefighters spent three hours tackling the inferno which tore through the upper floor of a terraced house in Golborne at around 10.30pm on Monday.
Crews from Leigh and Hindley in breathing apparatus tackled the flames which destroyed a bedroom and left much of the property on Ullswater Road heavily smoke-logged.
The firefighters initially feared the occupant was trapped inside the house, but then discovered she had earlier escaped and was at a neighbour’s house. She was given oxygen before paramedics took her to hospital for treatments for smoke inhalation although she was not thought to be seriously harmed.
Leigh watch manager Mick Callan said: “There’s nothing left of the bedroom at all: even the plaster on the walls was completely burnt out.”