Neighbour to the rescue after blaze

editorial image
0
Have your say

A WIGAN woman is in hospital after she was rescued from her blazing home.

The 24-year-old was led to safety by a neighbour who saw smoke billowing from the semi-detached house in Callander Court, Worsley Hall, at 4.30pm Wednesday.

The victim collapsed outside her home as fire crews and paramedics gave her mouth-to-mouth resuscitation before rushing her to Wigan Infirmary, where she is now described as being in a stable condition.

The fire investigation team is currently working with the police to establish the source of the blaze, which started in a rear bedroom.

The blaze destroyed the bedroom and caused a lot of smoke damage to the rest of the house.

For an interview with the rescuer and further details, see tomorrow’s (Friday) Wigan Evening Post ...