Teen burned hand in blazing wheelie bin

0
Have your say

A 17-YEAR-OLD Hindley youth was taken to hospital at the weekend with burns.

He injured his right hand after attempting to retrieve goods from a blazing plastic wheelie bin left near homes in Belmont Avenue.

He told emergency services that friends had thrown his packet of cigarettes into the pyre as a joke and he had been attempting to save them when molten plastic dripped onto his hand.

A spokesman for Wigan Fire Brigade said that it wasn’t clear who had ignited the bin, but he reiterated that blazing bins were “very dangerous.”