Washing machine sparks fire

Dakins Road, Leigh (Google Maps)
Dakins Road, Leigh (Google Maps)
6
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to put out a fire sparked by a washing machine.

Three fire engines from Atherton, Leigh and Hindley were called to reports of a property on Dakins Road, Leigh, being on fire at around 5.45pm on Friday.

They found a washing machine on fire in the kitchen and used a hose reel to extinguish the blaze and a fan to clear the smoke.

No one was injured and they were on scene for around half an hour.