1. Thank goodness that’s over.
After nine months of general disappointment and frustration, we can now draw a line under season 2016/17 – which won’t be remembered with any fondness whatsoever.
Latics should have been nowhere near the drop zone in the final reckoning, and have only themselves to blame for relegation.
2. Even when it was too late to make a difference, the breaks didn’t go for Latics. Leeds were gifted an equaliser at the start of the second half through a ‘generous’ penalty award by ref Scott Duncan, who then denied Latics what appeared to be a stonewall shout when Omar Bogle was mugged in the box.
3. Leeds United travel in force. After selling out their allocation weeks in advance, the West Yorkshire out were also the loudest set of away fans seen at the DW all season.
4. Ryan Tunnicliffe gave a far more accurate reflection of his ability during his second loan spell as a Wigan player than the first. After flattering to deceive under Uwe Rosler in 2013/14, the ex-Manchester United junior proved himself second time around, capped with a fine goal during his final appearance.
5. Enjoy the summer. Three – hopefully sunny – months without football. Go. Enjoy. What are you waiting for...?