ROBERTO Martinez has reported no change in Victor Moses’ situation, with Chelsea still yet to match Wigan’s valuation of their forward.
The 21-year-old Nigeria international put in an impressive performance against Chelsea in the London outfit’s 2-0 Barclays Premier League victory at the DW Stadium on Sunday.
But speaking on Thursday morning at a press conference to preview his side’s trip to Southampton on Saturday, Martinez said nothing had changed with regard to the matter.
Asked if there had been any further developments on the Moses front, the Spaniard said “not at all”, and pressed as to whether or not he had heard anything from Chelsea, Martinez replied: “No. You are asking the wrong man, in that respect.”
The Latics boss stressed that until an acceptable bid was made, all speculation on the subject was simply “cheap talk”.
He said: “You will get all sorts of speculation and talk, but the reality is, every player has a valuation. If a club matches that valuation, then maybe you have to sit down with the player and there is a decision to be made.”