90-year-old Wigan woman hospitalised for smoke inhalation after kitchen fire

A 90-year-old Wigan woman has been hospitalised after a fire broke out in the kitchen of her home.

The frightening incident happened at around 3am this morning (Saturday) at a bungalow on Legh Street in Golborne.

Emergency crews were called to attend the incident which saw a 90-year-old lady suffer heavy smoke inhalation. Paramedics rushed her to hospital for treatment.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

The fire started in the kitchen and heavy smoke billowed through the home. Fire crews put the fire out immediately.

Fire services were called to a house fire in Legh Street, Golborne
Read More
Police urge people ‘not to be alarmed’ by officers in protective clothing invest...
Legh Street in Golborne where a kitchen fire saw a 90-year-old woman taken to hospital suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation