A late BBQ drama

Share this article

AN evening barbecue ended in disaster after burning embers totally destroyed a shed in Wigan.

A man in his 20s had lit a barbecue in his back garden in Ashdale Road, Hindley, at 10.40pm on Sunday and as he went indoors to collect food, embers had blown, setting fire to timber nearby.

The fire spread to a shed and conservatory belonging to next door.

The blaze completely destroyed the shed and caused substantial damage to the conservatory.

No-one was injured, but both home owners were in shock.

Fire crews from Hindley used a hose reel to tackle the flames.