Blaze at popular record store

News story
News story

A BLAZE which broke out in the basement of at a popular Wigan music store has sparked an investigation.

At around 4pm on Saturday emergency services were called to Rimmers Music on Library Street after reports of a fire in the cellar of the shop.

Firefighters battled and extinguished the flames which were caused by water landing onto a fuse box which damaged the main internal supply.

Luckily the blaze did not spread throughout the store and there were no injuries recorded. Experts from Electricity North West were also called to the scene.