A bride-to-be has been left devastated after losing her wedding reception venue just 10 days before her big day.
Ayshea Plumb was putting the last minute touches to her wedding preparations when she received the shock news.
I just burst into tears. It was the last thing I was expectingAyshea Plumb
The owners of the Olive Garden, in Preston Road, Standish say they are unable to hold the reception after suddenly losing their licence.
Wigan Council made the decision following noise nuisance complaints against the venue.
The Olive Gardens, which had its licence withdrawn for June 11, 12 and 18, has appealed.
A hearing will take place at Wigan Town Hall next Tuesday.
It has left a stunned Ayshea - who is four months pregnant - and fiancé Matthew Blincoe, 47, hurriedly trying to find alternative premises.
Friends put out a Facebook appeal in an effort to save the day.
Mum-of-four Ayshea, 43, who comes from the Buttermere Avenue area of Chorley, was distraught after receiving an email from the Olive Garden last Wednesday afternoon explaining it could not hold the reception in its marquee because Wigan Council had revoked its licence.
“I just burst into tears,” she said. “It was the last thing I was expecting.”
She said: “We’ve had it booked for about the last six months. It’s just so stressful with just days to go.”
Ayshea, who works in a chip shop in Standish, and Matthew, who comes from Shaw, near Oldham, and works as a bus driver, are getting married at Chorley Register Office next Saturday, June.
They paid the Olive Garden £2,300 for the reception with 110 people expected to turn up.
She said the Olive Garden had been helpful to them in trying to find a new venue and will obviously return their money if necessary.
Two other venues - The Pines, Clayton-le-Woods and Park Hall, Charnock Richard - have both offered to put on the couple’s reception.
Ayshea said: “We’re not going to make a decision until Tuesday until after the tribunal. The Olive Garden have said they’ll leave the rooms open for us.”
A Wigan Council spokesperson said: “A temporary event notice was received from the Olive Garden and has since been referred to the licensing committee following noise nuisance complaints.
“The committee meeting has been rescheduled for Tuesday, June 14, when we hope to address the issues raised.”