Candle fire tackled at Wigan massage parlour

Fire crews from Wigan and Hindley were called out to the scene earlier today
Fire crews from Wigan and Hindley were called out to the scene earlier today

A massage parlour in Ashton escaped serious damage when a candle fell on to one of the towels.

Crews from Wigan and Hindley fire stations were called to the scene at 2:30pm this afternoon, by which time staff at Ashton Thai Spa had put out the fire using one of the fire extinguishers.

Smoke from the fire spread through the walls of the spa, and fire crews were forced to use a positive pressure ventilation fan to tackle it.

Staff and customers were evacuated safely from the building, and there were no injuries as a result.