FIRE and smoke billowing into the sky, this was the dramatic scene just moments after a caravan caught fire in Wigan.
Onlookers feared that the flames might spread to the nearby Stag Inn at Orrell.
But thankfully the flames were doused in time by firefighters who arrived at the Orrell Road scene shortly after this picture was taken.
Reader Tim Carrington captured the drama on his camera and one witness said: “It was at the back of the Stag pub and where I was standing it looked dangerously close to the building as if it could spread.
“It was pretty windy too which didn’t help the situation, but fortunately the fire brigade arrived in time.”
A Greater Manchester Fire Service spokesman said today that it appeared that the blaze had been caused by some “controlled burning” (such as a bonfire) which had been left unattended and then spread to a derelict caravan parked nearby.