Chip pan fire in kitchen

Fire service
Fire service

Firefighters were called after a chip pan caught fire in a house.

Crews were called to the property in Skelmersdale at around 7.30pm on Friday.

Other news: Primary school results are continuing to rise

They found the flames were out on arrival at the address on Daniels Lane in the Digmoor area and used a thermal imaging camera to make sure the scene was safe.

They also used a ventilation unit to draw all the smoke out of the house.

No-one was injured in the incident, which lasted about 20 minutes.