THE Wigan binmen boss who featured in calamitous documentary Don’t Blame the Council has resigned.
Terry Dunn, the environment services director, had previously been suspended while an internal investigation into the debacle takes place.
But council leader Lord Smith has today announced the town hall has accepted the resignation but would not comment any further about the circumstances.
The investigation – which is being carried out by legal and HR managers – continues.
Mr Dunn’s departure is the second in recent weeks after assistant director for trading Steve Cassie was dismissed as part of the internal review.
The council’s head of public relations, Chris Dunbar, remains on temporary suspension as the town hall probes how the controversial ITV documentary came to be aired.
Lord Smith said: “The council can confirm that it has received and accepted the resignation of Mr Terry Dunn.
“The council will make no further statement in the interests of preserving the integrity of the investigation concerning other employees which will continue.
The internal review was launched soon after the controversial documentary aired on June 23.
It showed workers, including binmen, displaying a poor work ethic and making disparaging comments about flagship council schemes.
Last month chief executive Donna Hall revealed the review’s spotlight had been turned on senior management.
She said: “It’s not about the staff that were in it, it’s now about the management that got us into that position.”
Mr Dunn, a former apprentice flagger, had worked his way up through the council’s ranks over a 30 year period before landing the top job at the super depot in Ince.