Crime spree thug jailed

Jailed: Lee Tymon
Jailed: Lee Tymon

A WIGAN man went on a month-long crime rampage including stealing a classic Mercedes, losing control and smashing it into a bus shelter and two shop frontages.

Lee Tymon, who was on bail while carrying out some of the offences, has now been jailed for a total of 12 months and banned from driving for two years.

The stolen Mercedes which crashed into a shop in Ormskirk Road, Pemberton

The stolen Mercedes which crashed into a shop in Ormskirk Road, Pemberton

A judge told Tymon, who suffered multiple injuries in the crash, that he was fortunate that the injuries he and his passenger suffered were not more serious.

Leanne Birkett, prosecuting, told Liverpool Crown Court that the crime spree began on May 23 when he saw ex-partner Elisha Myers, the mother of his young daughter, driving along and made an abusive remark to her. When he then saw her pick up her new boyfriend he threw mud and stones at her car causing scratches.

That night he turned up at her home in Wigan and smashed two of her car’s windows and ripped out the stereo, causing £480 of damage, before issuing threats that he might return and set fire to her home. She was aid to feel scared and paranoid.

Tymon was arrested on May 26 but five days later he again attacked her Peugeot, putting a £300 dent in it. The court heard that Ms Myers had stopped her car by his home that night as her friend, Nicole Raby, who was drunk, saw Tymon’s new girlfriend and wanted a confrontation with her.

In the ensuing clash both women were injured by Tymon. Ms Myers sustained bruising to her jaw and elbow and Ms Raby went to hospital suffering “lumps and bumps” to her head, a swollen ear and severe bruising to her jaw which caused her discomfort for some time afterwards.

On June 16 police spotted Tymon pushing a stolen 650cc motorbike, worth £500, along City Road in Pemberton. When arrested he said that he had found it abandoned in nearby bushes. Miss Birkett said that just nine days later he stole a 1992 white Mercedes belonging to Joseph Cacia, who had spent a lot of time and money restoring it, increasing its value to £7,500.

At about 4am Tymon lost control of it, ploughing into a bus shelter and shops in Ormskirk Road causing £8,000 of damage to the premises. Tyson left his injured front seat passenger in the car and walked off but was found nearby and arrested. Tymon gave a positive breath test but a later blood test at hospital showed he was then under the limit.

Tymon, of Ridyard Street, Worsley Hall, who has previous convictions, pleaded guilty to 10 offences including aggravated vehicle-taking, common assaults, criminal damage, threatening behaviour, taking a vehicle without consent, failing to stop after an accident and driving without a licence or insurance.

Mark Ferguson, defending, said the crimes involving Miss Myers flowed from their break-up and Tymon had been upset at her “flaunting” her new boyfriend. The threats had been “idle” and he had not intended to carry them out. He suffered fractures to his pelvis, nose, ribs and gashes to his face which have left him scarred and his friend was also seriously injured.

Recorder John Benson said it was fortunate no pedestrians were injured in the crash and described the attacks on the women as “inexcusable,” imposing a restraining order to keep away from Miss Myers.