Man injured in Wigan town centre street brawl
A man was treated for facial injuries after a mass brawl outside a Wigan night spot.
Police and paramedics descended on Millgate and The Wiend after receiving reports of fighting around the Casino de Cuba bar on Sunday night. The violence had abated by the time the emergency services arrived and no arrests were made.
But a spokeswoman for Greater Manchester Police said that they did find a 25-year-old man who had been assaulted. He was taken to hospital for treatment to facial injuries but has since been discharged.
One onlooker said: “The trouble broke out at around 10pm on Sunday and there was some real violence. It was quite frightening.”
Police say inquiries are ongoing and anyone with details should ring 101.