Dad’s plea for priceless memory stick

Matthew Morris with his son Logan
Matthew Morris with his son Logan

A WIGAN dad who was burgled while he and his baby were sleeping is appealing for a computer memory stick holding precious photos.

Matthew Morris was upstairs with his eight-month son Logan and partner Rebecca Moorey, 21, when intruders broke into the house in Poplar Avenue, Worsley Hall, in the early hours of Thursday September 10.

As well as stealing a Panasonic TV, handbags, a purse, wallet, Matthew’s watch and Rebecca’s engagement ring, they took a silver USB stick which contained a scan photo of Logan, as well as baby pictures.

The 22-year-old is now appealing for the return of the pen drive, which he says has no monetary value, but is highly sentimental to him and Rebecca.

He said: “I came down on Thursday morning and everything was gone. They stole our TV, Rebecca’s Paco Rabanne handbags, her purse and my wallet.

“I had left my watch by the kitchen sink as I took it off to do washing up and as Rebecca has to take her rings off whilst working at Subway, in Pemberton, she left it in her bag and forgot to put it back on.

“But what is more upsetting is that they have taken a USB memory stick with Logan’s scan pictures and photos of him as he has been growing up. It doesn’t make any sense to steal that as it has no value to anyone, expect for me and Rebecca. These photos are very precious to us.

“We can replace everything else - but not photos. All we want is for that to be returned. They can post it anonymously - we just want it back.”

Matthew, a warehouse operative at Asda in Skelmersdale, is now working with the police to identify the offender(s) and has passed some vital witness information to officers.

He added: “We believe we know who it is and waiting for the police to make inquiries. But it is very frustrating as we feel they are getting nowhere.

“We were upstairs sleeping at the time of the burglary, The thought of that happening whilst we were upstairs is horrible. Rebecca couldn’t sleep at the house and first and had to sleep elsewhere for the first couple of nights.”

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police confirmed that they were investigating the incident.

He said: “The incident happened between 8.30pm on September 9 and 6.20am on September 10.

“No one has been injured.”