AN opposition councillor is in dispute with the town hall about an attempt to discuss Don’t Blame the Council at this month’s full council meeting.
Leader of the Standish Independents Coun Gareth Fairhurst has submitted a motion calling for the controversial documentary to be up for debate.
But the issue seems set to not make the agenda for the July 15 chamber meeting because officials have said the motion has not been seconded.
This is denied by Coun Fairhurst – whose wife and father are also elected members – who claims Coun George Fairhurst has seconded the motion.
The deadline for submitting motions is a fortnight before and has therefore now passed.
The ITV documentary, which aired last month, has prompted an internal review at the town hall with environment services boss Terry Dunn temporarily relieved of his duties as a result.
Coun Fairhurst’s motion had called for an investigation, explaining there are issues that members will want to address in the chamber.
He said: “As a Wigan councillor I am disgusted at what I saw.
“There are a number of issues for me. They didn’t look at the risks involved and who on earth signed this off to allow this fly on the wall documentary, which is now being called a ‘mockumentary.’”
Deputy chief executive Paul McKevitt has taken over the running of the environment services, the council confirmed last week.
And all participants in the TV show have been interviewed as part of the internal review.
The agenda for this month’s council meeting containing the motions up for debate will be released on Wednesday.