A FAMILY escaped unharmed following a kitchen fire at a refuge lodge in Wigan.
Firefighters were called to a flat in Tiernan Lodge, Falconwood Close, in Wigan, at 10.20pm on Friday following reports of a fire.
A pan of food had been left unattended and set fire to the kitchen.
The family escaped after the smoke alarm alerted thems.
The fire caused smoke damage to the kitchen and fire damage to the wall and pan.
Meanwhile, an elderly woman received oxygen therapy after a fire at her home in Wigan. Fire crews from Wigan were called to Baucher Road at 4.30pm on Friday following reports of a stove fire.