Fire breaks out at takeaway

Firefighters were called when a blaze started at a town centre takeaway.

Sunday, 15th January 2017, 7:25 am
Updated Sunday, 15th January 2017, 9:01 am
The fire broke out at Mr Joe's. Pic: Google Street View

Crews from Wigan fire station went to Mr Joe's, on Wallgate, in Wigan town centre, at around 11.30pm on Saturday.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A deep fat fryer had been overfilled and the oil caught on fire.

The takeaway was smoke-logged but firefighters put out the fire before it spread.