Firefighters tackle garden fire at Wigan house
Firefighters were called into action at a Wigan property after a fire broke out in a garden.
Crews from Wigan and Hindley were called to reports of a fire at an address in Yewdale Road in Landgate, around 11.30pm last night (Tuesday).
On arrival, they discovered a small fire which had started in a garden and spread to a mattress that had been left outside. The flames had also spread to the fence, shed and storage area, and had started to melt the neighbouring property's guttering. A window pane also shattered due to the heat.
Nobody was injured during the incident, and firefighters were on scene for approximately 45 minutes.