Hotel evacuated after fire

Kilhey Court, in Standish
Kilhey Court, in Standish

GUESTS at a Wigan hotel were evacuated following a small fire in the sauna.

A fault in an extractor fan sparked a fire at Macdonald Kilhey Court, Chorley Road, in Standish, at 10am on Sunday.

Crews spent an hour at the hotel, locating the fire and extinguishing the flames.

As rooms were heavily smoke-logged, guests had to evacuate.

The fire did not cause a lot of damage, but the spa rooms were flooded.

No-one was injured.