Jealous ex mistook dog for new lover

News story
News story

A WIGAN man flew into a terrifying rage after mistaking a dog bark for his ex-girlfriend’s lover.

Shane Woods of Balcarres Road, Aspull, will be sentenced at Liverpool Crown Court on August 21 after admitting five crimes including criminal damage, threats to kill, possessing a knife and affray.

Appearing for breach of bail at Wigan and Leigh Magistrates’, the court heard how Woods had been in an on/off relationship with Stacey Williamson with whom he was expecting a child.

Prosecuting Katie Beattie told the court that Miss Williamson had ended the relationship in February for good.

But the pair had kept in contact and on April 18 at around 6.30am the defendant rang Miss Williamson numerous times.

After around 10 minutes she answered the calls and Woods asked her to pick him up but she refused.

Ms Beattie explained that during the conversation Miss Williamson believes that one of the dogs must have made a noise and the defendant mistook it for another man.

He began accusing the victim of seeing somebody else and said he was going to come round to her house.

Ms Beattie said: “In fear, she got her dogs and got in the car and fled.”

She added: “She parked near her home and remained in her car crying.”

A neighbour who witnessed the incident called Miss Williamson to tell her Woods had been inside her living room and had smashed the windows.

She ended up ringing her dad, Gary, who took her back to the house where he rang the defendant.

In a statement read to the court, Mr Williamson said the defendant was saying abusive language about his daughter down the phone and said: “I will kill you no matter how long it takes, I will kill you.

“Tick tock, tick tock.”

Ms Beattie told the court the defendant had also said: “Burglary and affray who cares? When I find out who you’ve been sleeping with I will kill them.”

In police interview, Woods admitted his actions would have caused the victims to be in fear and said he don’t know what he would have done if there had been another man in the house.

Defending Karen Schofield said Woods had kept true to his word and hadn’t attempted any contact with the victim since the incident.

The 25-year-old has been remanded into custody until sentencing at the end of the month.