A man has been ordered to sign the sex offenders register after he admitted uploading indecent pictures of children.
David Connah, 33, of Springfield Road, Springfield, admitted five charges of uploading category C images of children aged between 11 and 13 to Twitter at Wigan Magistrates ‘Court.
Connah’s former home in Ince was raided last year by police after they received intelligence about the pictures which had then been deleted.
Tess Kenyon, prosecuting, said: “In April last year, police received intelligence that the user of an email address had uploaded images of children to the internet, via Twitter.
“Inquiries were made in relation to the email address and the IP address. Research suggested that the Twitter user was Mr Connah.
“A warrant was executed at his property on Dovedale Road on May 22 last year. Mr Connah was arrested.
“His partner was at the address as were two young children aged five and seven who were living at the address.
“Various items were seized including a laptop and two mobile phones. On the laptop police found 44 extreme pornography images, both still and moving but they were inaccessible.
“There was no evidence that Mr Connah had the software or know how to access those images so no charges were brought in relation to them.
“The iPhone had five category C indecent images of children aged between 11 and 13. These were also inaccessible which is why the charge is for making images as the crown can’t prove he was in possession of the images.
“There were a small number of images and the defendant had only had access to them for a short period of time.
“There is evidence of computer searches for daughter sex sites, convict girls, pre model, jailbait pictures and young girls having sex.”
Connah admitted the five charges relating to each of the images uploaded to Twitter but that he had since deleted them.
Peter Moran, defending, said: “We are dealing with a small number of photographs or images that have been deleted. They had been deleted well before the police became involved.”
Mr Moran asked for a pre -sentence report to be prepared before Connah was sentenced.
He will appear before magistrates on August 18 for sentence but was ordered to sign the sex offenders register.
He was released on bail but banned from unsupervised contact with anyone under 18 unless directed by social services.