Booths Mexican Bean Soup with Shredded Turkey and Salsa recipe
This latest recipe from Lancashire-based supermarket chain Booths is a hearty autumn soup which will really warm you up on these chilly nights.
Mexican Bean Soup with Shredded Turkey & Salsa
Prep time: 20 minutes l Cook time: 15 minutes
For the soup
25ml vegetable oil
1 red onion, finely diced
1 green pepper, diced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
1 tsp crushed cumin seeds
400g tin chopped tomatoes
400g tin black beans
1 stock cube mixed with 500ml water
1 jalapeño chilli, sliced
For the salsa
1 tomato, diced
Half a red onion, diced
Half a green pepper, diced
1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
1 tsp chopped coriander
1 tbsp olive oil
Juice from half a lime
Salt and pepper
1. Mix all of the salsa ingredients together, season to taste and keep to one side.
2. Gently fry the diced red onion, green pepper and garlic in the oil until it softens and has colour at the edges.
3. Add the coriander and cumin, and continue to fry for a minute.
4. Add the stock, tomatoes and black beans and bring to the boil.
5. Simmer for five minutes and add the sliced chilli, shredded turkey and the chopped coriander.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with a spoonful of the salsa