Electrical fault causes fire at commercial property in borough

Firefighters rushed to a commercial building when machinery set alight in the middle of the night.

Thursday, 8th October 2020, 9:03 am
Updated Thursday, 8th October 2020, 9:12 am

A hydraulic lift caught fire at a property used for hydraulic lift training on Greenfold Way in Leigh

Fire crews from Hindley, Atherton and Leigh attended at 1.45am on Thursday and spent around two hours putting out the blaze.

It is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault in the lift.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Several fire engines attended the unit

The Wigan Observer is more reliant than ever on you taking out a digital subscription to support our journalism. For unlimited access to Wigan news and information online, you can --subscribe here