Toy car drama

Share this article

A TEENAGER was taken to hospital after a toy car set on fire.

An electrical fault caused the children’s electric powered car to set alight in an out-building in Ribble Drive, Norley Hall, at midday on Friday.

A 19-year-old male tackled the fire, which destroyed the small toy car and electric cables nearby, and inhaled toxic smoke from the plastic.

He was given oxygen therapy and taken to Wigan Infirmary. There was no major damage to the outside building.

Watch manager Ian Read, of Wigan Fire Service, said: “If there is a fire, we urge people to get out and call the fire service, rather than tackle it themselves.”