A primary school will be closed tomorrow after travellers moved onto a neighbouring field.
The caravans arrived at land near St Thomas' CE Junior And Infant School, on Church Street, Golborne, on Saturday.
The school said they were alerted to their arrival on Saturday morning and were liaising with the police and Wigan Council.
A statement posted on the school's Facebook page on Sunday announced the school would not open on Monday.
It said: "School will be closed to all pupils tomorrow. The travellers' vehicles are blocking the entrance on the field which is used by the emergency services.
"Also they have damaged the school fence therefore our site is not secure. Safety is always a priority and with the current situation our school is not safe."
There have been reports locally that the travellers have entered school grounds, but this has not been confirmed by the school.
On Saturday morning, bailiffs evicted a group of travellers in around 15 caravans from a park on Golborne Road, Ashton, where they had been since Wednesday afternoon.
It is not known if they are the same people who are currently based in Golborne.
Read more: Travellers leave Wigan park