The clock is ticking for police quizzing suspects detained in connection with the Manchester bombing, including the man arrested in Wigan.
British anti-terror laws allow authorities to keep suspects locked up for 14 days without charge while investigations are ongoing.
This means the as-yet-unnamed 33-year-old arrested on Upper Dicconson Street last week may be held until June 7 before either charges are laid or he is released without charge.
Greater Manchester Police said on Wednesday a total of 10 men remain in custody after four - from the Fallowfield and Blackley areas - previously arrested were released, including one man late last night.
A property on Springfield Street in Swinley - where the 33-year-old is understood to have been staying - continues to be under police guard.
Nearby properties have been evacuated twice in the space of five days after GMP and bomb unit officers were called in to examine suspicious items found in the terrace house.
We have almost 300 pieces of digital equipment, including phones, which we are working through and hundreds of witnesses to contact and take statements fromDet Ch Supt Russ Jackson
The Wigan Post understands the top floor flat used by the 33-year-old, who is believed to be from Libya, has been the centre of the intense search on Springfield Street.
Although what the exact nature of the suspicious items examined by specialist officers in the rented property is not yet known.
The force has issued CCTV images of bomber Salman Abedi in the lead up to the atrocity and are focussed on locating a blue suitcase he had in his possession.
The 14-day detention law came into force in 2011 when the coalition government opted to allow the regulations imposing 28-day detention to lapse.
Det Ch Supt Russ Jackson, Head of the North West Counter Terrorism Unit, earlier this week gave an insight into the far-reaching parameters of the investigation into the Manchester Arena bombing.
He said: “We have had more than 1,000 officers working on this investigation to piece together what happened and to understand if others have been involved.
“We also continue to support the families of those bereaved and the injured and our thoughts continue to be with them. The scale of the investigation is enormous with over 7,000 entries on our actions log.
“We have almost 300 pieces of digital equipment, including phones, which we are working through and hundreds of witnesses to contact and take statements from.”