Woman taken to hospital after fire

News story
News story

A WOMAN was taken to hospital after a fire at her Wigan home.

Fire crews were called to an address on Scot Lane in Worsley Hall at around 10.30pm last night (Monday).

The woman, who was the sole occupant inside the house and believed to be in her 30s, was outside being treated by paramedics as they arrived after inhaling quite a bit of smoke.

Three fire engines attended, two from Wigan and one from Hindley, and they managed to contain the blaze with damage being restricted to a sofa in the living room.

Police were called to the scene but there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the incident and it is being treated as accidental.

Fire crews found a working smoke alarm in the property which they believe alerted her.