Kevin Roberts has become the newest member of the Wigan Athletic board. Here's five things we know about the new non-executive director.
* Was born and raised just up the M6 in Lancaster before moving over to New Zealand to become chief operating officer at brewer Lion Nathan.
* While at Pepsi Canada - and during a keynote speech to a group of employees, bottlers, and the media - Roberts had a Coke vending machine rolled onto the stage while he was speaking. As he finished his speech, he picked up a machine gun (borrowed from police officers but fitted with blanks), and blasted the Coke machine!
* Credited with almost single-handedly turning around the fortunes of Saatchi & Saatchi after taking over in 1997, to the extent they were awarded a US$430 million JC Penney contract because of his 'lovemarks' concept.
* Also developed the concept of 'sisomo' - meaning 'sight, sound and motion', to encapsulate the attachment people had developed with screens. It's surely no coincidence his appointment comes 24 hours after confirmation of a new big screen at the DW.
* Was awarded a Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit, for services to business and the community, in the 2013 Queen's Birthday Honours.