Grundy plans his next move after setback in his UFC bid
MMA fighter Mike Grundy has vowed to stay positive and focused after being overlooked for this weekend's UFC card in London.
The Wiganer had put his hand up to replace the injured Alex Reyes with just over a week’s notice, but found out on Monday night Hamburg’s Nasrat Haqparas had been given the nod.
“I’m disappointed because when you have people, not just the public but people in UFC, telling you that you should get the fight you feel it will happen,” he said. “I wanted it and was stuck in that moment.”
The Team Kaobon fighter had received messages of support in a bid to persuade organisers to select him, including from UFC star Darren Till.
But Grundy hasn’t given up hope on reaching the UFC, and is planning his next move carefully.
“I have a lot of offers on the table but I want to be at the pinnacle, and that’s the UFC,” he said.
“We have to play it safe.”