Ince United power into Cup last four

Amateur football
Amateur football
Share this article

South Lancs Counties

INCE United moved into the Charity Cup semi-finals with an empathic 7-0 win at St Cuthbert’s Reserves.

Leigh Genesis Reserves won on a penalty shoot-out after a 90 minutes score of 1-1 against AFC Rainford.

The Derby just got the better of A Morris FC by 3 -2.

Mike Ahterton with a brace put The Derby 2-0 ahead at the interval.

Two goals by Craig Naylor saw A Morris draw level but Danny Young hit a late winner for The Derby.

In the Adam Morris cup quarter final, Wargrave Rovers and Ormskirk Royals fought out a 1-1 draw with the Royals going though 5-4 in a penalty shootout.

Troy Pitkins scored a second-half penalty to put Royals ahead but a bullet header by Tom Jackson from a corner by Lee Holder saw Wargrave level in the 85th minute.

In the under-17s youth division, Highfield Grange Athletic visited Wigan Cosmos and the match finished all square at 2-2.

Tom Denny gave Highfield Grange an interval lead but two second half goals by Josh Hughes gave Cosmos the lead at 2-1.

However, an eighth-minute strike by Lee Wignall saw Highfield Grange earn a point.

The Premier Division’s North Star played hosts to Wigan Cosmos and won by 5 goals to 1.

Man-of-the-match, James Corner helped himself to five goals. North Star took a 12th-minute lead when Paul Nagheaton headed home from a corner.

Three minutes later Wigan Cosmos were level Mike Gough headed the ball in, again form a corner.

James Corner then took control of the game and put North Star in front on the 20th-minute.

The second half saw Corner score three more goals to cap off a marvellous display.

Lancashire Ice got back to winning ways in Division One and won 6-0 at Whitley.

Tom Anderson with a brace, Ryan Wallis, Mark King, Dave Sealy and Lewis Johnson were the marksen.

Lancashire Ice move up to third place and can go top with their games in hand.

Standish park Rangers hosted Mitch FC in Division Two and went a goal down when Mike Greay put Mitch ahead.

However, seven unanswered goals from park Rangers saw them stroll to a 7-1 victory.

Liam Cooper and Paul Sherrington each scored a brace and one each from Andy Coppenhall, Chris Catterall and Ryan Mordley saw them home.

Chequer Lane criused to an 11-2 win against bottom club Bryn Park.

Dion Moran, and Matt Barkely each scored a hat-trick, Mark McNulty scored two, James Thompson, Neil Hayes and John Carter and James Pen were all on target for Cherquer Lane.

Jay Sheekey and Chris McAvoy replied for Bryn Park.

The rest of the scheduled games were postponed.