South Lancs Counties

Football action from the Dynamo Globe v North Star game at the Soccerdome pitch on Sunday
Football action from the Dynamo Globe v North Star game at the Soccerdome pitch on Sunday

PREMIER Division leaders North Star went down 3-0 against Dynamo Globe, who moved into joint second place.

Jamie Benson and Mike Hadfield scored first-half goals to put Dynamo Globe on top. A second Hadfield goal after 50 minutes sealed the win.

Academy Sports visited Ashton Villa and won 4-0 thanks to Martin Neville, Calvin Critchley, Neil Foster and Craig Charlton.

Whitley and Orrell Sorrento shared the points in a 2-2 draw. Chris Somers and Lloyd Snellgrove gave Whitley a 2-0 interval lead. Two late goals by Daniel Fletcher rescued a point for Sorrento.

Division Two leaders St Cuthbert’s got back to winning ways with a 6-0 triumph over AFC Wigan Reserves.

Scot Unsworth (3), sub Carl Davison (2) and Mike Hair were the marksmen.

Second-placed Digmoor ran out 4-2 winners at Bryn Park with Carl Davies and Paul Gibson on target for Bryn Park.

A goal in each half by Danny Forkin saw Olympic Athletic beat Bryn Hall 2-0.

A second-half goal by Jordan Coop saw Horwich St Mary’s Res win 1-0 at Bird ‘Ith Albion.

Twice bottom club Winstanley Warriors took the lead against FC Wigan United, but the game ended in a 2-2 draw with Ant Prendergrass and John Beesley on target for Wigan.

The improved form of Martland Mill in Division Three continued with a 2-1 victory at third-placed Standish Park Rangers. The Rangers took the lead with a Jack Nolan strike, but a brace by Lee Sherman saw Martland Mill triumph.

Halsall Res cemented second spot by beating Orwell by 3-0 with Matthew Ward (2) and Graham Long on target.

St Helens Rovers visited PNC Athletic and won 3-0 thanks to Dan Oakes (penalty), Adam Morgan and Jamie Langley.

In the Youth Under 17s Division, Southport were too strong for Shevington and won 6-1. Jamie Campbell was the star, hitting five goals. Ryan Addison replied for Shevington.

Garswood United and Redgate Rovers fought out a 2-2 draw. Twice Redgate took the lead through Lewis Steen and Dominic Burke, but Clark and Greenhough both hit goals for Garswood.

Youth Under 18 leaders, Forefield Rangers, moved six points clear after a 2-0 win against Penlake.

Keiron Kelly and Steve Fay were the marksmen.

Despite an 85th minute equaliser by Oliver Heyes for Appley Bridge against Southport, they went down 2-1 with Southport’s winner coming from the last kick of the match.

Goose Green Res moved into the semi-final stages of the Davenport Millennium Cup after coming from behind to bet Up Holland 3-2.

Craig Manning put Up Holland ahead, but a terrific hat-trick by Daniel Ralphs put Green ahead at 3-1.

Lewis Welsh pulled a goal back but Ralphs’ hat-trick was enough for Goose Green.

Ashton Athletic went through to the semi-final of the Wilf Hickson Trophy following a penalty shoot-out after their 2-2 draw against Atherton Town.

Tom Griffiths gave Athletic the lead, but then goals by Danny Monton and Lewis Welsh gave Atherton Town the lead. It was four minutes into injury time that Josh Lafferty gave Ashton Athletic an equaliser and a 4-3 verdict in the shoot-out followed.

In the Bill Heyes quarter-final, AFC Wigan triumphed 3-1 against Horwich St Mary’s. Tom Heaton put Wigan ahead, but Brook Astle equalised. Craig Naylor and a second Heaton goal put AFC Wigan into the semi-finals.

In the Adam Morris Cup semi-final, Knowsley South were 8-1 winners against Leigh Rovers with Matty Cushion helping himself to four goals, along with Shaun Richards. Paul Burke scored for Leigh Rovers.

Penlake moved into the final of the Liverpool County Cup after coming from 1-0 down to win 2-1 against Pumptic FC. Darryl Hale and Andy Simm scored the second-half goals.