South Lancs Counties

PENLAKE are still in third spot in Division One after an 8-2 win against Marus Bridge.

Nick Grindy (2), Phil Parry, Darryl Hale, Liam Highton, Andy Simm, Kev Hill and Billy Tierney were on target.

Rob Tyrer and Graham Morris replied for Marus Bridge.

Orrell Otters are in second spot and maintained their challenge for honours with a 4-1 win against Whitley. Tom Ashall put the Otters ahead but Dena Gibson equalised for Whitley.

Mike Price (2) and James Armstrong clinched the game for the Otters.

Leaders Halsall ran out 3-0 winners at Orrell Sorrento thanks to strikes by Lawrence Venture, James Garland and Dave Mawdesley.

Golborne Parkside also scored three goals without reply against Ashton Villa with Dave Hughes, Danny Bell and Wayne Bailey on target.

Up Holland Rangers moved out of the relegation places after a 1-0 win at PSN Mabs Cross.

In Division Two, Goose Green Res were 3-1 winners against Winstanley Warriors with Nick Hill, Dan Ralphs and John Hayes scoring for Green.

Bird Ith Albion were 3-1 winners against Olympic Athletic with Ant Dunleavey scoring a hat-trick. Dave Williams replied for Olympic Athletic.

Leaders St Cuthbert’s were 3-2 winners at FC Wigan Utd.

Placed second in Division Three, Standish Park Rangers went down to Orwell 7-6 in a thrilling contest. The lead changed hands on several occasions but it was Orwell’s Ian Wadsworth who was the star of the show, scoring four goals. Ben Evans, Scot Jones and an own goal made up the rest of Orwell’s scoring.

After a having a goal disallowed and missing a penalty SPR’s marksmen were Cameron Peters and Neil Clarke with two apiece, Simon Yarwood and Liam Cooper.

Martland Mill came from a goal down then squandered a two goal lead before beating Hindley Lion 4-3. Mark Grimes hit a hat-trick and a Brad Greenhowe free-kick were on target for Martland Mill.

Mike Beardsworth, Ricky Birchall and Adam Cofield replied for Hindley Lion.

Victoria took a 4-0 interval lead against Leigh Rovers with strikes by Paul Gregory, Danny Partington, Dean Whit and Danny Roughley. A mini fightback by Rovers in the second period saw them pull two goals back courtesy of Carl Kirman and Lee Culshaw but the result ended in Victoria’s favour, 4-2.

Chequer Lane visited St Helens Rovers and came away with a 4-1 victory. John Parker gave Chequer Lane a 1-0 interval lead but Matt Cunningham equalised just into the second half.

Mike Pilling (2) and Dean Moran clinched the game for Chequer Lane.