South Lancs Counties

Share this article

PREMIER Division leaders Highfield Grange were held to a 2-2 draw by gutsy Goose Green.

Goose Green twice took the lead with a Richie Livingston penalty and a strike from sub Lee Hill. A penalty from Martin Meehan was the first Highfield equaliser and a terrific 35-yard strike by Adam Sharratt rescued a point for Highfield Grange.

North Star hosted Leigh Centurions and won 3-1 with all the goals coming in the second half. James Fagan and John Bond gave North Star a 2-0 lead and then Scot Callaghan pulled a goal back for the Centurions.

Sam Denton sealed the win for North Star on 80 minutes.

Horwich St Mary’s and AFC Wigan fought out a 1-1 draw. Mike Cowburn gave the Saints a second half lead but Tom Heaton equalised with virtually the last kick of the match.

Two second-half goals by Mark Burgess gave Dynamo Globe a 2-0 win against lowly Hawkley.

Division One leaders Halsall visited Golborne Rangers and went down 3-0, with Wayne Bailey, Dave Hughes and Danny Bell on target for cock-a-hoop Parkside.

Up Holland Rangers led 2-0 against Academy Sports with goals by Steve Officer and Robbie Heyse. However, Academy hit back to level through Craig Charlton and Calvin Crotchety.

Orrell Sorrento came from 1-0 down to beat Marus Bridge 6-2. Scot Priestley and Graham Morris scored for Marus Bridge with Daniel Fletcher scoring a hat-trick and Rob Knowles, Ant Finney and Chris Duffy also on target for Orrell.

In Division Two, second-placed Digmoor visited third-placed Bird ‘Ith Albion and won 3-0.

They could catch leaders St Cuthbert’s if they win their three games in hand.

Alex Stoddern (2) and an own goal by Chris Lomax got the points for Digmoor.

Bryn Park beat Winstanley Warriors 3-2 thanks to goals by Ross Atherton (2) and Ian Parkinson.

Division Three leaders Knowsley South were made to work all the way by Chequer Lane before a 75th minute strike by Liam Ashton gave Knowsley a 1-0 win.

Leigh Rovers visited Hindley Lion and came away with the points courtesy of a 3-0 win.

Adam Thomson, Lee Culshaw and Ian Bailey were the marksmen.

St Helens Rovers ran out 4-2 winners against Darly FC with Mark Rainford, Carl Burroughs, Dan Oakes and Jamie Fletcher on target.

Adam Ruse had earlier equalised for Darly with Adam Ruse also on target with the last goal of the game.

Despite goals from Mark Grimes (penalty) and Lee Sherman, Martland Mill went down 4-2 against Victoria.

Halsall Res moved into second place after beating Standish Park Rangers - who were the previous occupants - 5-1. Ben Squires put Halsall ahead but Simon Yarwood equalised. Just after the interval a second Ben Squires goal, Matt Ward, Jack Baker and Graham Long added further goals for Halsall Res.

A first-half goal by James Marsh gave Golborne Sports a 1-0 win against Billinge in the Under-17s Division.