George Williams reiterates commitment to Wigan Warriors
George Williams has underlined his commitment to Wigan, declaring he has no intention of moving to the NRL for at least two more years.
Chairman Ian Lenagan admitted earlier this year he had attracted interest from some Australian clubs.
But Williams said a report linking him with an immediate move had been “blown out of proportion”.
He is on a marquee contract with Wigan which runs until the end of 2020, with an option for a further year.
And in a fresh interview yesterday, he reiterated his commitment to stay with the Warriors before exploring NRL options down the track.
“It’s something I want to do at some point but I’ve got another few years in the Super League and I’m committed to that,” Williams told the NRL’s official website.
“I’m only 23 so hopefully have a long career ahead of me and when the time is right I’ll look into a move.
“But for now I’m enjoying rugby league here in England and the success Wigan is having.”
Liverpool fan Williams yesterday visited Anfield ahead of Sunday’s second Test against New Zealand.