90-year-old Wigan woman hospitalised for smoke inhalation after kitchen fire

A 90-year-old Wigan woman has been hospitalised after a fire broke out in the kitchen of her home.
Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now

The frightening incident happened at around 3am this morning (Saturday) at a bungalow on Legh Street in Golborne.

Emergency crews were called to attend the incident which saw a 90-year-old lady suffer heavy smoke inhalation. Paramedics rushed her to hospital for treatment.

The fire started in the kitchen and heavy smoke billowed through the home. Fire crews put the fire out immediately.

Related topics: