Firefighters urge caution after kitchen fire

Firefighters have issued a reminder for people to take care while cooking after a person suffered burns following a kitchen fire in Atherton.

Wednesday, 22nd March 2017, 10:19 am
Updated Friday, 24th March 2017, 10:56 am
Fire service

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) crews from Atherton, Hindley and Leigh were called to a house on Coronation Avenue shortly before 6pm yesterday (Tuesday).

On arrival, firefighters found there had been a fire in the kitchen. Crews ventilated the house and administered first aid to a casualty who was suffering from burns.

On its website, GMFRS said: “Most house fires GMFRS staff members are alerted to start in the kitchen so please help us to keep you and your family safe.”

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

GMFRS directed residents to a page on its website, which has a range of safety tips and advice on kitchen fires.

Visit manchesterfire.gov.uk/fire_safety_advice for more information.