A firework was set off inside a Wigan shopping centre as part of an ill-thought-out prank by a group of youths.
The incident occurred around 3.30pm today (Sunday, October 14) inside the Grand Arcade Shopping Centre.
Shoppers reported hearing a loud bang, followed by a plume of smoke, and that they were asked to leave via fire exits.
Police have confirmed that the firework was lit and placed inside a bin by a group of young people, and that the incident was being treated as a "minor" public order offence.
Nobody was injured during the incident.