House damaged after fire spreads

Firefighters were called when a blaze involving garden waste spread to a house.

Friday, 21st April 2017, 6:19 pm
Updated Tuesday, 9th May 2017, 6:46 pm
Firefighters were called to Argyle Street. Pic: Google Street View

Crews from Hindley and Wigan fire stations were called to Argyle Street in Hindley at 9.05am today.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Flames from the garden waste fire had spread to the ground floor of the house.

They spent 30 minutes at the property, using a hose reel, breaking in gear and a thermal imaging camera to bring the blaze under control.

The cause of the fire was thought to be accidental.