Kitchen fire caused by chip pan

A chip pan sparked a blaze after it was left unattended.

Sunday, 11th September 2016, 11:00 am
Updated Thursday, 15th September 2016, 4:03 pm
Fire service

Firefighters were called at 12.42am today, Sunday, to a chip pan fire on a gas cooker on Moss Lane, Platt Bridge, Wigan.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Three fire engines from Wigan and Hindley attended and firefighters used one hose reel, two breathing kits and a ventilation fan to bring the fire under control.

Crew were at the scene for 20 minutes.