Booths White Bean Soup With Bacon recipe
This thick and nutritious soup has smoky bacon and crispy croutons, it’s a rich and comforting.
White Bean Soup With Bacon & Croutons
Serves: 4 l Prep: 15mins l Cook: 25mins
For the soup
1 small white onion
1 small carrot
1 small stick celery
1 garlic clove, crushed
Quarter of a tsp mixed herbs
300ml veg stock
1 tin of cannellini beans
Salt and pepper
2 rashers of
For the croutons
1 stale sourdough slice, diced
1 tbsp olive oil
Parmesan to taste
1 tsp parsley
1. Finely dice the onion, carrot and celery.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the diced veg and cook gently until soft.
3. Add the crushed garlic and the mixed herbs.
4. Add the veg stock, the tin of beans, including the liquid and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Fry off the streaky bacon until crispy.
6. For the croutons mix the diced sourdough with the olive oil and bake in the oven at 200C / 180C fan / gas mark 6 for 6-8 minutes until golden brown.
7. Toss the croutons with the Parmesan whilst still hot and then allow to cool.
8. Serve the soup with extra shavings of Parmesan, crumbled bacon, a handful of croutons and chopped parsley.