Safety warning after tumble dryer fire breaks out

Firefighters are warning people to be vigilant when using tumbler dryers after a blaze broke out.
Watch more of our videos on Shots!
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now

Three fire engines were called to a house on Rydal Close in Tyldesley at 1pm on Wednesday after a woman returned home and found the appliance alight in her garage.

They worked to bring the fire under control, but the tumble dryer and a boiler were destroyed, while the gas and electricity supplies were also affected.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

A fault with the tumble dryer is believed to have started the fire.

Three fire engines attendedThree fire engines attended
Three fire engines attended

A fire service spokesman urged people to only use a tumble dryer when they are at home during the day, rather than at night or when they are out of the house, in case a fire starts.

Thanks for reading. If you value what we do and are able to support us, a digital subscription is just £1 for your first month. Try us today by clicking here